Suppose you are thinking of getting your real estate license faster with a solid career foundation in real estate. In that case, you’ll be interested in a learning style that effectively meets your lifestyle needs and learning preferences. You are probably asking, “Do I have to go to a real estate license school in person?”
You don’t have to go to a real estate license school in person unless you prefer a face-to-face learning encounter, scheduled meeting time, and social interaction. Online schools are cost-effective, and you learn at your pace and convenience. You also get to choose from a wide selection of schools.
In this article, you will know why you need to take real estate classes, and then we will compare in-classroom learning with online schools by assessing the pros and cons of online schools. You’ll also get to know the best online real estate schools. Keep reading.
Comparison between real estate online schools and attending school in person
Why Should I Take Real Estate Classes?
To pursue a career in real estate, you’ll be required to get some real estate education and pass a pre-licensing test from a real estate school that has been accredited by the state in which you want to work.
The Association of Real Estate License Law Officials (Arello) has links to regulatory agencies for each state specifying the eligibility requirements.
You’ll be required to invest numerous hours of study on real estate learning in preparing for the pre-licensing test, the state licensing test, and also form a strong foundation for your career in real estate. Each state determines the course content and the number of hours required.
You must get the most out of your learning by selecting a learning model that delivers optimal value as to price, flexibility, support, and content coverage.
How to Get Licensed as a Real Estate Agent
- Research on the eligibility requirements to be a licensed professional in real estate in your state.
- Take a pre-licensing course at an in-person classroom, an online school, or in a community college that has been accredited by your state.
- Take a state licensing test.
- Work under a brokerage once certified as a real estate agent.
- Pursue further career growth by being a Realtor, broker, property manager, leasing consultant, foreclosure specialist, or whichever niche you prefer in real estate.
Pros of Online Real Estate Schools
There are a lot of advantages when you choose an online real estate school and a lot of great reviews on the best real estate schools that attest to these benefits.
Convenience & Flexibility
Many people who pursue a career in real estate are in it for its flexibility, as it’s a career characterized by a self-driven schedule. With an online real estate school, you can schedule your learning to fit your time availability in an online real estate school. You also get to exploit your spare time to continue with your education.
The typical in-person learning schools have a rigid timetable, besides you have to attend class in-person.
Not so with online courses! You can study online whenever and wherever you please.
When you are logged into the system and interacting with the course, you are given credit for the time spent, which counts towards the overall hours required.
Online courses accommodate your learning rhythms by segmenting study materials into manageable chunks that you can assimilate at your own pace and time. You don’t have to stay in a classroom for a straight 3 hours, for instance, if your concentration span is an hour at best. With online study, you’ll study when you can engage with the materials constructively.
You move at a pace that’s proportionate to your learning ability. You do not have to be dragged down by a class timetable if you are a fast learner. If you’re too busy or find the classroom environment too fast-paced, you can regulate content delivery with online learning.
Saves Time and Money
Online real estate schools are often less expensive relative to in-classroom courses. Costs for online classes can range from between $119-$900, while in-person schools cost at least $750.
Apart from the course cost itself, you have to consider the cost of traveling to an in-classroom real estate school near you. Other expenses include taking time off work and having to forgo any other beneficial activity you could have done at that time and so forth.
Wide Variety of Online Schools
You can select from a wide range of online schools that suit your learning needs and budget. With in-classroom schools, a school’s proximity to where you stay is crucial to which school you pick. The nearness of a school overrides many other essential considerations due to the logistics involved in getting to the school for sessions.
With online learning, you can select the best online schools irrespective of location so long as they are accredited in your state. You do not need to compromise on critical considerations such as content coverage or price.
Cons of Online Real Estate Schools
There are some reasons why some people prefer the in-classroom school teaching environment instead of online schools.
- Lack of social interaction. Compared to classes taken in-person, online courses can lack opportunities for students to network with their peers. Such connections may result in valuable professional linkages.
- It requires self-discipline and motivation to go through the course, given that there is no scheduled meeting time. The very same liberties of convenience in an online schooling environment demand greater self-drive to navigate through the course material successfully on time.
- Learning online exposes you to plenty of diversions through social media updates, news, sports, or entertainment.
- You may have to pay more for extra features with some online schools; some may not provide printed notes to accompany the class. You’ll need to have a budget for print-outs if necessary. Some schools have live messaging charts to engage tutors, but they may cost more.
- Some online options can be expensive.
What to Consider in an Online Real Estate School
- The value for money
- Support offered; for instance, via live messaging chats, Q&A sessions
- Availability; How widely is it available? Does it cover your state?
- User-friendliness of the website
- Quality of tutors
- Post-licensing opportunities
- Pass rates
- The comprehensiveness of the content
The Best Online Real Estate Schools
- Colibri Real Estate: It is certified by ARELLO (Association of Real Estate License Law Officials) and IDECC (International Distance Education Certification Center) – Consistently ranked as one of the best.
- The CE Shop: It is highly credible as it enjoys links with the National Association of Realtors
- Mbition Real Estate School: Cover a wide variety of states.
- Kaplan: Its course instructors are practicing real estate agents
- 360 Training: It is an option for limited states
- AceableAgent: Available in limited states.
When considering whether to attend a real estate school near you in person or enroll for real estate licenses online, you’ll factor several issues. Convenience, cost, flexibility, the need for social interaction, a scheduled meeting time, or the ability to choose from the best real estate schools.
If you’re looking for convenience, cost-effectiveness, and the latitude to choose from numerous schooling options, online schools will be the automatic choice.
However, if you’re not self-disciplined and prefer a scheduled meeting and are big on social interaction and face-to-face instructive teaching, then the in-person classroom might do, as long as you are willing to wait to get licensed.
A career in real estate allows you the flexibility to manage your time and run your schedule. It is these liberties of online learning that test your entrepreneurial instincts of self-motivation. Finally, you can study faster with online schools and accelerate your transition into real estate if you’re changing careers or just from college.
Robert has 20+ years of experience as a Real Estate Agent, Coach & Digital Marketer, coupled with a unique expertise in professional RV Park Management. His time as an RV Park Manager has been marked by a strong ability to increase campground occupancy and revenue through strategic management and targeted marketing efforts. His dual career in online marketing and RV Park Management provides a rich perspective on success in diverse fields.
Robert Earl is passionate about teaching and empowering others to pursue their dreams and create sustainable income. Whether through affiliate marketing, niche blogging, or transforming campgrounds into thriving communities, his proven strategies and techniques have helped numerous individuals and businesses succeed. Based on his years of experience and knowledge in the online marketing industry, along with his hands-on management in the RV Park sector, he has crafted a unique and effective approach to personal and professional growth.
In addition to his business pursuits, Robert is also a CrossFit Online Level 1 Trainer (CF-OL1) and enjoys fitness activities, including Rucking workouts while traveling the country. His multifaceted career showcases his dedication to growth, innovation, and the pursuit of excellence in various domains.